What To Expect From A Grading Contractor
As a San Antonio grading contractor, Ultimate Construction has the tools and know-how to solve even the toughest drainage problems. Here’s what you can expect when you hire us to handle this important job for you:
- The grading process begins with a visit to your property. Ideally, this should occur after a rainy spell. This will tell our experts if your property has any drainage issues that may turn into swampy areas, gullies, or other eyesores. If we happen to be in a dry spell, we can find out the same information by lightly watering the area.
- As your grading contractor, the next step we will take is to drive a stake into your property approximately 12 inches from the perimeter of your home. We will then place another stake at the closest drainage site. In urban areas and suburbs, this will usually be a city sewer grate. If your home is out in the country, then the drainage site could be a stream, pond, or even a dry creek.
- By measuring the degree of slope between the two stakes, we can determine whether or not your property is properly graded. In most cases, a 2% grade is best. This may vary, however, depending on local weather patterns and the lay of the land.
- If all is well, then we will let you know. However, if there is a problem, we’ll do our best to correct the issue. In most cases, this will involve removing layers of dirt using a backhoe or other piece of equipment.
- Once we’ve established a proper grade on your land, we can help you plant new grass seed or sod. We may also recommend installing additional drainage solutions such as underground pipes. We will of course work within your budget and provide you with a free, no-hassle estimate before we begin any work.
As you can see, hiring the right grading contractor is an important decision. Fortunately, at Ultimate Construction we have more than 20 years of experience in the field. Our rates are reasonable and our work is guaranteed. Call us today to find out more.